Proudly sponsored by Sony, the Sony World Photography Awards is widely recognised as the leading global photographic awards programme in existence today.
Through conducting a range of annual competitions, our mission is to discover talent across many diverse fields of photography. We support photographers beyond just receiving their award; featuring their work across the WPO website and in international exhibitions, offering unparalleled exposure through our annual marketing campaign and international media coverage, and publication inside the annual Sony World Photography Awards book.
The Sony World Photography Awards now includes more competitions and awards than ever before, with each one appealing to photographers of different levels:
- Open Competition - for amateurs and enthusiasts
- Professional Competition - for serious photographers with a true passion for the job
- Youth Award - for anyone under the age of 25
- Moving Image Award - for those experimenting with moving image narrative formats
- Student Focus - for higher education photography students aged 18 - 28
- 3D Award - for anyone using true 3D technology in photography or video
The Sony World Photography Awards 2012 competitions are now open for entries until January 4th 2012.